Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'm sorry it has been so long!!

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to drop a quick note to say that I am so sorry I have neglected my blog for so long. I have heard from some of you who are very disappointed that I haven't written in 3 months! (Yikes!) I thank you all for being such avid readers though and for caring so much about my adventures! Unfortunately, this is just a little note saying that I am fine and that I am simply too busy to write these days! My to-do list is longer than my arm, and my blog has to be pushed to the bottom of that list because I've got deadlines. Sorry.

Briefly,

I am doing very well adjusting back to Senegal. I am currently working on some exciting film projects in Dakar (as a producer!) and have received a Fulbright-Hays Grant from the US Embassy for this current film that I was invited to produce for fellow PCV (and director) Barry Pousman. It is a tree-nursery making guide for school children. (See the website below!)

I am now the Director of Public Relations for his production company, Peace Only Productions www.peaceonlyproductions.blogspot.com, Check out our current projects! We have our first public screening next week of our documentary Elle Travaille, Elle Vit! (She Works, She Lives!). I'm coordinating the whole event at the Club Atlantique in Dakar, which has proved to be a huge undertaking, with lots of embassy staff, RPCVs, and NGO reps, in attendance.

I am also applying for another grant and holding a Girls' Health and Leadership Conference in November with 60 invited participants from various middle schools in the region.

I am doing a zillion other things that I am just as excited about and am LOVING being so busy. I had no idea I would love PR work so much. I've found a love of the administrative side and it feels great to be so busy again.

I do miss you all dearly and it was wonderful to be home for so long and to see so many friends and family (however briefly). The months are going quickly and my service is up April 13th 2009, so only about seven more months. I cant believe it. It has absolutely flown by.

I promise promise promise to try and write a real entry soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey cait!

i just wanted to say that i really appreciated that call the other nite, i deff needed it! i didnt mean u had to write in ur blog like imediately.. i ment, ya know.. whenever u had a chance..

lol.

love u!

<3
karen

Anonymous said...

Hello there - can you please give me more information about the screening at Club Atlantique this coming week?