Sunday, April 1, 2007

Letters and packages!

I have to send out a huge thank you to those of you who have been writing me letters. It just brightens my day to receive them. I think that i have gotten more than any other volunteer. i feel loved. I am trying to keep up and reply to them as much as possible, but i know that i will be firing them off much more once i do not have email access very much.

If anyone is planning to put together a care package for me i do have some suggestions:
*small hard candies to give away to kids
*bubbles! they're crazy about them. i had 20 kids in my compound shrieking and laughing for an hour just over the bubbles i brought.
*instant oatmeal! i'm dieing for some whole grain. there is a "toubab" market i town, but it is ridiculously expensive and out of the way.
*small cosmetics (for my sisters to give as gifts. they LOVE american products. anything will do. it does not have to be quality. wet n wild is more than sufficient.)

i have so many ideas but that is all for now.

No comments: