Saturday, April 7, 2007

When Cockroaches Attack!!

I do not know what it is about them, but these suckers are gutsy. Not only have they multiplied, but now, instead of running away like NORMAL cockroaches (if there is such a stereotype to be made) they now run AT ME mid-stream. I am definitely at the point where I don't care about them if they stay still, and even find that I like the company in the middle of the night, but when they dart about and try to run BACK into the Turkish toilet hole while I am using it...they go too far.
Meanwhile my family has now heard my shrieks of fear and they think I'm ridiculous--and they are right. The response amidst laughter from my oldest sister Isatou was totally disbelief. She looked at me like I was crazy and goes "but they can't hurt you!?"
The logic is there. I know she's right. I would much prefer mutant cockroaches to say, a scorpion, but how do you explain to someone so "habituer" that it's just going to take a little more time until I can see them and not cower in fear?

No comments: